J & H Engineering approaches every project with professionalism and a dedication to the client’s satisfaction. Our job is to make sure the construction process leads to a result that accurately reflects the clients´ objectives, so we begin every project with a clear, concise statement of challenges, opportunities, scope and budget. That allows us to keep everyone on the same page and keep the project moving in the right direction and at the right pace.
Our design/build process provides our clients with a guaranteed price and a guaranteed delivery date before the project begins. Our systems, people and technology in all aspects of the business, help us ensure each project runs smoothly - on time and on budget.
In the construction phase, the J & H project manager and superintendent work together to provide strong project leadership. As team players, they understand the client’s needs and focus on quality and scheduling.
We understand how important trust is in a contractor / client relationship. Our clients rely on us to serve on their behalf, ethically and responsibly. We have a track record extending back more than a quarter-century, a record of integrity, expertise and customer satisfaction. Our commitment to this is proven by the fact that returning clients account for more than half our business every year. Our clients value the relationship we build with them and recognize our commitment to quality, budget and schedule. Clients who work with us for one project return to J & H Engineering for all their future construction needs.
- We adhere to our Professional Policy which embraces four precepts: Personal Service, Technical Competence, Budgetary Discipline and Timely Completion
- Successful representation of owners interests to achieve timely completion within budget and in conformance with contract requirements
- Effective results in Cost Estimating and Control, Value Engineering, Schedule Planning/Management, Contract Administration and Record-keeping
- Develop productive and balanced relationships with clients and agencies
- Our team includes professionals with a total of over 75 years of construction experience
- We have established effective working relationships with the Subcontracting community
- Our experience includes working directly with the owner or their representative and/or construction manager
J & H Engineering’s Superintendents actively manage the project daily on-site. Typical responsibilities include: jobsite management and project setup; field office and manpower management; materials and tools/equipment procurement and maintenance; quality control; safety; and project close out.
J & H Engineering’s scheduling procedure requires, at a minimum, a monthly review the Project's status. At a Project Team Meeting, the Project Manager addresses the project status including current information on submittals, RFI's, and change orders with the entire team. J & H's goal is to ensure that the original baseline schedule completion date is met, and we have an excellent track record of just that!
Core Professional Staff
Amy McMullen – President, RMO
Project Management / Estimating / Scheduling
- 20+ years of estimating/project/construction management experience
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Project to create, reconcile and maintain schedules
- Licensed General Contractor – Class A & B
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Sandra Janotta – Corporate Secretary
Finance / Accounting Management / Contract Administration
- Over 30 years of project and construction accounting experience. Project experience includes commercial, industrial, and public works.
- Over 32 years of project and construction contract administration experience
- Licensed General Contractor – Class A
Bill Winfrey – Project Superintendent
- 20+ years of project/construction management and general contracting experience.
- Over $250 million of project experience including retail, commercial, industrial, residential, public works, and communications.
Matt Bays – Estimating / Project Management
- 20+ years of estimating and project management experience
- Specializing in underground utilities and civil work in residential, industrial, commercial, public works & government projects.
- Bachelor of Science – Agricultural Engineering, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Michelle Sotelo – Insurance & Contract Administration
- 20+ years of construction administration experience
- Contract Agreement Preparation, Project Records, Construction Administration, Insurance, Subcontracting Management
- Notary Public Bonded & Insured
Our Clients & Agencies (Partial Listing)
- State of CA Parks Department
- State of CA Highway Patrol
About J & H Engineering General Contractors, Inc.
CSLB #630708, Caltrans DBE #44055, CA SBE #1785367, DIR #1000004011
The Ventura County Microwave Project was among six public works endeavors honored as project of the year by the Ventura County chapter of the American Public Works Association
Copyright © 2010 J & H Engineering. All Rights Reserved.
J & H Engineering General Contractors, Inc.
Specializing in asphalt paving & underground utilities since 1983!
- Ventura Co. Fire Protection District
- Oxnard Union High School District
- Oxnard Elementary School District
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Conejo Unified School District
- Ventura Unified School District
- Ventura County Community College District
- Casitas Municipal Water District
- Ventura County Sanitation District
- Ventura Regional Sanitation District
- Pleasant Valley Mutual Water District
- Ojai Valley Sanitation District
- California Conservation Corps
- Ventura County Animal Services
J & H Engineering's contract with County of Ventura General Services Agency - Paving Specialty JOC was recently awarded
County of Ventura - Performing Arts Center Patio Improvements
County of Ventura - RTC Crew 14 Strip Paving
City of Malibu - Marie Canyon Green Street Improvements
City of Port Hueneme - Bubbling Springs Channel Clearing
County of Ventura - Whispering Oaks Driveway Replacement
County of Ventura - Avocado Place Culvert Replacement
Oxnard District - Rio Mesa & Camarillo HS Volleyball Courts